Information for Teams Arranging a Container for Events
The Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy (WPNSA) regularly welcomes foreign teams here for events and who are transporting boats by shipping container. The following are recommendations for ensuring a smooth passage of containers from the UK port of entry to WPNSA.
- As soon as the container is arranged, please notify WPNSA Reception (as per below) the details of the shipping company, UK agent (if known), size, arrival port in the UK and approximate arrival date.
- WPNSA will contact the UK agent to confirm the arrangements for the delivery and grounding of the container. Once grounded the container will not be moved until collected after the event.
- The delivery and collection of the container should be during business hours, in order that a member of staff may be present and ensure the necessary access to our site.
- The recommended method of delivery is for the UK agent to arrange for the container to be delivered using a side-loading container truck or a lorry with a HIAB capable of lifting and grounding the container. Otherwise, a crane can be arranged from a local company, but there will be an additional cost involved in doing so.
- WPNSA will, if requested, open the container to check the contents and report back. A padlock will be fitted to keep the container secure until the arrival of competitors.
- On the date arranged for collection from WPNSA, a member of staff will be on hand to guide the driver to the correct container.
- We will contact you to confirm when the container has been collected.
- There is no charge from WPNSA to have a container here for an event and every effort will be made to ensure it is grounded as close as possible to where competitor boats will be located for the duration of the regatta. A 240V, 16amp power supply can be made available by prior arrangement.
Weymouth & Portland National Sailing Academy
+44 (0)1305 866000
Open: 09:00 – 17:00 (UTC or BST)